Bachelor of Arts
(University of Western Australia)
Bachelor of Laws
(University of Sydney)
A graduate of the University of Western Australia (BA Politics and History) and the University of Sydney Law School (LL.B), Phillip was admitted to practice in 1991.
With 30 years’ experience as a criminal advocate, Phillip has appeared at all levels in the Western Australian court system, including the High Court, on a wide range of matters, including:
- Commercial Drug Importations;
- Murder and other homicide offences;
- Drug prosecutions brought under Misuse of Drugs Act (WA);
- Proceeds of Crime actions and Money Laundering offences;
- Grievous Bodily Harm and other assault offences;
- Sexual offences;
- Robbery, Fraud and Stealing offences;
- Damage by Fire and other Arson offences;
- Traffic Offences;
- Extraordinary Drivers’ Licences; and
- Restraining Order matters.
Phillip has particular interest and experience in mental health defences and has presented several symposium and conference papers on aspects of the manner in which the criminal law deals with mental health consumers.
Phillip also has extensive experience in representing young people in the Childrens’ Court; having spent 4 years as Counsel for the Youth Legal Service. Phillip is skilled at developing a rapport with young accused and providing vigorous representation to their matters.
Aside from criminal law, Phillip has significant experience in civil law; including:
- Civil Litigation;
- Wills and Estate matters; and
- Debt Collection.
Phillip is focused on providing the best possible outcomes for his clients, no matter the gravity of their legal issues.